About the Fun Walk
Esquire together with the Caring Women’s Forum Pretoria has for the past 3 years successfully hosted “ Laudium Community Fun Walk for a Blanket and Eliminate Hunger” campaign.
The aim of the event was to get the local communities together and raise funds for the collection of purchasing of blankets and food parcels for the coming winter months.
The fun walk attracts over 800 participants a year and last year we managed to have Mr Ahmed Kathrada as well as MEC of Transport Mr Ismail Vadi at the ribbon cutting.
29th May 2016 Fun Walk Event
The 4th Laudium Community Fun Walk for a Blanket and Eliminate Hunger” will now take place on the 29th May 2016 at the Rosina Sedibane Sports Grounds at the Entrance of Laudium, This year it is not only a Fun-Walk but promises to be a fun filled early morning event with lots of activities and entertainment for the whole family.
Activities such as:
- 7km Fun Walk – around Laudium with medals awarded to first 1500 Fun-Walkers.
- Little Cooks Club – Teaches kids about food and learn about Healthy Eating habits.
- Tots and Pots – Creative ways of making food for kids.
- BOUNCE trampoline park universe-Bounce from Midrand in Laudium.
- Tumbling Tigers – Kid can have fun exercises and learn practical life skills.
- Richester Foods- Piñata and Colouring competition.
- IMA Mobile Clinic-a free BP, Blood Glucose & BMI Screening by Dr Shakira and the IMA team.
- Smilelab team -Get some great dental advice.
- SANBS- Do a good deed and Donate a pint of Blood.
- Snacks and refreshments will be sold at the grounds.
- Kai Thai Erasmia team- Come and experience a professional Thai neck and back massage.
- Come and meet and greet the actor Alfred Ntombela also known as “ Shorty” from the Schucks movies and much-much more...
The aim of this event is to raise funds for the purchase of blankets for the needy and to collect canned foods to distribute during winter .
Support this initiative on Sunday, 29th May 2016 at the entrance of Laudium which starts at 09:00am
Everyone is welcome to enjoy the activities and entertainment lined up for the day and be part of this prestigious event.
Race Day Information
All participants must abide by the rules.
Age & Category Tags
Walkers participating in the 7km walk must wear a numerical Fun walk tag to be eligible for prizes.
Race results will be available on website.
Start & Finish
All distances start and finish at the Rosina Sedibane Sport Ground
7km starts at 09:00am
Will be provided for first 1500 Fun Walkers that participate in the fun walk.
Prize giving will take place at 12:00pm for the 7km walk.
Full medical facilities at event
To comply with Athletics Gauteng, there will be a water point approximately every 2km on all routes. Water points will be well stocked with water.
Toilets will be provided at the start and at the finish.